How to Sell Homes Faster for More Profit
Each day you hold on to a property, you are losing money. That is why the systems that I teach show you how to close quickly, get your money out of the deal and move on to the next.
So, what are some of the ways you can sell a home fast, and with a profitable outcome?
Time Is Of The Essence
As soon as you get a property, get it on the market immediately. You don’t want to buy a home and then spend 30 days trying to fix it up and come up with a marketing plan. Each day you wait costs you money.
To show the value of time, look at the property. Let’s say the mortgage is $1,200 a month. If you divide that by 30 days in the month, holding onto that property costs you $40 a day. Every day you delay, you are losing money.
So how can you save time?
- Choose homes that need little to no repair work. Stick to homes that need minor cosmetic changes that can be done quickly, like new paint or carpet.
- Have a marketing strategy in place. Know which exit strategy you will be using, and know how you want to market the home when you sell it.
How To Market A Home To Make Big Profits
As I mentioned above, having a marketing plan in place to sell the home gives you the ability to put the home on the market ASAP. When you get it on the market, you want to do it in a big way and in a way that works for the strategy you are using to sell the home. For instance, if you are selling in a lease-option, you should put it in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) with a flat fee listing.
Here are a few other marketing tips:
- Put bandit signs around town (be sure to check your local laws first). They can target the market you want to sell the house to. For instance, you can put rent-to-own signs in a three-mile radius around the home. (Make sure the sign points them to you, with your website or phone number). This is a great way to market yourself at the same time you market a property.
- List on the MLS as soon as possible.
- Always take advantage of free marketing by putting your listing on craigslist and other real estate sites, like Zillow. There are also many low-cost marketing options to consider.
- Placing a sign in front of the house can also be effective. The wording will depend on how you are trying to sell the house. Some effective wording ideas are, “rent to own” or “no qualifying financing if needed.”
For more information on how to invest in real estate and make a profit quickly, you can learn more in my Foreclosure Investing Mastery course, or my live in-person trainings.